We will be offering three different packages for 2019 tax preparation services:
Shield & Crystal Ball:
We recommend this package to anyone who has RSUs, rentals, or are self-employed and not on one of our business plans.
This is the package that includes all of our tax services with all of the bells and whistles:
- Tax Preparation Services: We will prepare your tax return
- IRS Account Monitoring:
- We monitor your account with the IRS — this gives us access to any changes that might be made to your account, such as new forms issued in your name, if you make any payments to the IRS, and if the IRS issues any notices.
- This covers the current tax year. So if we are preparing your taxes for 2019, we will monitor your 2019 tax account with the IRS.
- This is great for when you missed giving us a 1099, or if you forgot you had an investment account somewhere.
- It is also useful for fraud prevention, since we can contact you if we see something on your account that doesn’t make sense.
- Responses to IRS Notices:
- When combined with the IRS Account monitoring, we can respond to the IRS by amending your return BEFORE a notice gets sent to you, saving penalties interest, and stress.
- Video Review of Tax Return:
- We cover what changes we see compared to last year, what is driving your taxes up, and provide any recommendations for increasing your withholding
- Example of a tax return review:
- Tax Tune up for next year: We project your next year tax return using paystubs, RSUs, your current year return, and information on any life events.
- 2020 tax projection
- Recommendations for increasing withholding, or making an estimated tax payment
- We recommend these are done in August, Sept, or Oct
We recommend this plan to anyone who worries about forgetting to give us documents or has trouble keeping track of your tax documents.
The Shield plan includes:
- Tax Preparation
- IRS Account Monitoring
- Responses to IRS Notices
- Video Review of Tax Return
Basic Tax Preparation Services:
This is our basic option for when you just want your taxes prepared. If you go with this option and you do receive a notice, we will charge an additional fee to respond or correct the situation.