TL;DR: Accounting is looking for a virtual tax and accounting associate to join our growing remote team. We specialize in working with therapy practices, and small business owners providing tax and accounting services.
As a Tax and Accounting Associate at TL;DR, you will be learning to provide year-round support for clients with taxes, bookkeeping, and quarterly estimates.
We are a results-based work environment and will be held accountable to Key Performance Metrics that measure your value to our clients. Some examples are the turnaround time of client questions, deliverable quality, and contributing to firm-wide projects.
The best applicants are those who:
- Don’t want to work at a traditional firm with 60+ hour weeks in tax season
- Prefer ditching the commute to work remotely
- Want to learn both tax and accounting work
- Are interested in working with small business owners
- Willingness to learn
We are looking for the right person — not to fill an empty seat with a warm body. This role involves teamwork and being able to communicate well via email and video conferences. We want someone who wants to learn and gain experience. This position is for someone directly out of school with a start date of late August or early September.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and Excel [pivot tables])
- Familiarity with Google G Suite (Google Chrome, Google Docs) and Dropbox
- Capable and willing to work independently
- Work efficiently within project timelines to meet deadlines or provide deliverables ahead of such deadlines
- Comfortable collaborating virtually as part of a remote yet cohesive team
- Willingness to work on your EA (Enrolled Agent exam) or CPA license within your first year
- You have excellent organizational skills, are self-motivated, and detailed-oriented
- You are excited to learn new skills and stay on top of continuing education
More Details about This Role:
- Access to your own wifi and cell phone are required.
- This is a remote position so being able to work virtually is important.
- Availability to work from 10 am to 1 pm PST for meetings.
- Traveling once a year to Seattle, WA for our firm retreat.
- This job description is subject to change.
- Compensation: Salary $50,000 to $54,000, bonus compensation structure on top of base salary, Retirement Plan, PTO & Sick Time
More Details about The Interview Process:
- Submit a resume and cover letter.
- Next is a 30-minute phone call, followed by a Slack interview, and two Video Interviews
- Pre-employment assessment on Accounting, QuickBooks, and Taxes.
- Reference Check